The Thanksgiving long weekend is coming up in Canada! In addition to spending time with family and stuffing your face with as much turkey as possible, you may find yourself with some time to spare this long weekend.
Try finding some time to participate in some of these fun fall activities that are going on around the GTA this fall.
Here are our top 5:
- Check out a Harvest Festival. Take a visit to a near by farm and enjoy all kind of fun fall activities. Try checking out the Harvest Festival at Springridge Farm, or the Pumpkin Festivals at Downsview Park & Richmond Hill.
- Oktoberfest is going on in Kitchener / Waterloo until the 14th of October, so break out your lederhosen and get ready to enjoy copious amounts of beer, schnitzel and bratwurst alongside the colourful floats and award winning marching band.
- Enjoy a thanksgiving themed tour or dinner. Black Creek Pioneer Village is hosting a thanksgiving themed tour with optional wagon rides and beer tasting. Casa Loma is also hosting a thanksgiving dinner if you want to keep all of your celebrations food centric.
- Check out a corn maze this weekend and get lost among the giant stalks of corn.
- Plan a waterfall hike. There are numerous waterfalls to see in the Toronto and Hamilton area, so plan on hiking a few of them and enjoy gorgeous views on a colourful fall background.
Will you be doing any of these activities over the weekend? Do you have anything else fun planned?