As the temperature starts to drop, the drinks start to heat up for the holidays and this hot mulled apple cider is the perfect way to celebrate.
Spicy, aromatic flavours come together with apple cider and white wine to create the perfect warming holiday drink.
Learn how to make it below!
Hot Mulled Apple Cider
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 3/4 cup dry white wine, such as Chardonnay
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 quince—peeled, cored and finely chopped
- One 4-inch rosemary sprig
- Two 3- to 4-inch cinnamon sticks, broken
- 4 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan over low heat.
- Simmer for 45 minutes
- Strain cider and discard the solids
- Serve warm. Optional garnish with a cinnamon stick and thinly sliced apples
Enjoy sipping this during the cold weather!
Recipe taken from: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/hot-mulled-cider