Settle into the Christmas Season with a new cocktail!
This spiced persimmon cocktail is the perfect drink for sipping this holiday season. It’s got everything you love about an old fashioned, but with a spicy holiday twist.
Find out how to make one below!
SPICE MAPLE PERSIMMON PUREE
- 2 ripe fuyu persimmons, chopped
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick, plus more for serving
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 juice from clementine
- 1 dash orange bitters
- 1-2 tablespoons persimmon puree
- sparkling water, for topping
- star anise, for serving (optional)
1. In a small pot, combine the persimmons, maple, 1/2 cup water, and 1 cinnamon stick. Set over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook 5-8 minutes or until the persimmons are mushy and have released their juices. Remove from the heat. Remove the cinnamon stick and puree the mix. Let cool. The puree will keep for 1 week in the fridge.
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine the bourbon, lemon juice, clementine juice, orange bitters, and 1-2 tablespoons of the persimmon puree. Shake to combine.
2. Strain into a glass. If desired, top with sparkling water. Garnish with cinnamon and star anise.