If you’re part of the 99% of the population who made a new years resolution to be more healthy, then this post is for you.
Drinking green juice is such a great way to get your body a large amount of the vitamins and minerals that it needs on a daily basis. We love all of the health benefits from this juice recipe created by Inspired Taste.
This particular juice is filled with:
- green apple – provides a pleasant sweetness to the juice
- parsley – this herb commonly used in Italian cooking is actually an antioxidant powerhouse
- spinach – super rich in iron and doesn’t have a very overpowering taste
- cucumber – this super hydrating vegetable adds a ton of mineral-rich water
- lemons – high in Vitamin C
- ginger – powerful anti-inflammatory effects and helps to aid in digestion
Here’s how to prepare your own:
The Best Green Detox Juice
2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
Handful parsley leaves
1 medium green apple, rinsed with core removed
1 large seedless cucumber, rinsed
1-inch length piece fresh ginger, scrubbed clean
1 medium lemon
Chop the apple, cucumber and ginger into pieces small enough to easily go through the juicer.
Cut away the yellow peel from the lemon, leaving most of the white pith and lemon flesh. Cut into slices and remove any seeds.
Reserve about half of the lemon. Push everything through the juicer, alternating between the greens and the firmer cucumber, apple and lemon. When everything but the reserved lemon has been juiced, stir the juice and taste for tartness. Add the remaining lemon if you feel like you want more lemon flavour.
It’s as simple as that to make your own green juice and get your year off to a healthy start!