Having a party this weekend? Or maybe it’s just been a long week?
Either way, you deserve a drink. A perfectly crafted manhattan to be exact. Lucky for you, we’re sharing this recipe from Epicurious, so you can get sipping right at home.
The Perfect Manhattan
- 2 ounces rye and bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura or orange bitters
- Maraschino cherry or small piece lemon peel for garnish
- In mixing glass or cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine whiskey, vermouth, and bitters.
- Stir well, about 20 seconds, then strain into cocktail glass.
- Add cherry or twist lemon peel directly over drink to release essential oils, and serve.
All that’s left to do now is sit back and enjoy your perfectly crafted drink.