Now that the snow is finally behind us, we can start to look forward to warm spring weather. Along with the sun, we can start sipping on refreshing cocktails like the classic mojito.
With flavours of lime and mint, there’s nothing more refreshing than a cold mojito on a hot day. Here’s how to prepare the perfect one courtesy of Esquire.
The Classic Mojito
- 1/2 oz. lime juice (squeezed fresh)
- 1 tsp. superfine sugar
- 3 mint leaves
- 2 oz. white rum
- Club soda or seltzer
- Collins glass
- In a smallish Collins glass, muddle lime juice with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- Add the few mint leaves, mushing them against the side of the glass
- Fill glass 2/3 with cracked ice and pour in the rum
- Pitch in the squeezed-out lime shell and top off with club soda or seltzer